Realself - DR. ALBERTO ARGÜELLO IS A FRAUD

3 of 11 Realself reviews

Update added by user Aug 25

UPDATE!If this wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny.

His character really shines through in his latest debacle.

Dr. Argüello used letterhead PILFERED from an INDIANA LAW FIRM and the NAME OF A FAKE ATTORNEY to send me a 4 PAGE LETTER threatening TO SUE if I don't IMMEDIATELY TAKE DOWN MY WEBSITE and REMOVE MY PISSED CONSUMER REVIEWS! You can smell the desperation can't you?

The letter was on raised letter stationery from an actual law firm in Indiana. What tipped me off was that the 'attorney' added his email at the end of the letter & told me to contact with him only through email.

Hmmmmmm?

I called the office listed on the letterhead & was quickly informed that there was NO attorney by that name on staff. They never heard of him. I double checked the firm's name & contact information to make sure I called the right place.

I even asked if they had other offices, etc, but she insisted he did NOT work there & she never heard of him.

I asked her to double check just to make certain he wasn't employed there. After all, this guy was threatening a lawsuit. I couldn't understand how I'd received a letter on their letterhead from an attorney threatening me with a lawsuit if he didn't even work there. It was like the Twilight Zone.

After a long hold, a woman who called herself Roseann got on the phone.

First, she refused to identify her position, then she proceeded to stumble through a pathetic explanation, which did not stand up to questioning. She finally blurted out after hat Mr. Yelkovac was 'of council', she couldn't say if he was coming into the office, she wouldn't say if he even had an office or if he knew the partners. She kept re-iterating that I should email him at the address provided in his letter.

As it turns out... Roseann stole the letterhead and was flustered because they never expected me to call. Roseann was probably duped into stealing the letterhead, either directly by the silver tongued Dr. Argüello or his friend.

She probably also lost her job over this because I wrote to the partners exposing the entire scenario. If she's a paralegal she just rendered herself untrustworthy, if she's an attorney, she could be sanctioned for behavior like that. Stealing letterhead for someone so they can use it for the purposes of fraudulent legal intimidation is serious. After that call, I was on a mission to figure out who this guy was.

I went to the Indiana State Roll of Attorneys, he's NOT listed as a practicing attorney or even a sanctioned attorney, he's just not listed! Searches found 1 or 2 older cases involving schools, but nothing recent. My next step is to contact Peter Yelkovac to determine if he did indeed write that letter and participate in the fraud or if he's unaware the Dr. Argüello has been using his name.

This should be interesting. I did email 'Mr. Yelkovac' at the specified email and I copied Dr. Argüello just to let him know that he'd have to do a little bit better than sending letters from pretend lawyers!

That was an epic failure. Anyone that still thinks he's pure and cares about his patients should think again. It's ALL about the money for him, the rest is an act. Being banned from RealSelf has all but stopped his influx of easily hidden, tax-free U.S.

cash, he's desperate to turn that spigot back on.Sad, really sad.

Update added by user May 11

I feel that RealSelf resolved the issue by removing him as they should have following their investigation, but Dr. Alberto Argüello is not to be trusted, find a real surgeon.

Update added by user May 10

Real Self did the right thing and removed Dr. Argüello from their site. His account was deactivated, he can no longer take patient referrals from Real Self and will not be allowed to have a RealSelf account again.

Update added by user May 10

Visit: www.plasticsurgeoncostarica.com to get all of the information on this doctor.

Original review posted by user May 10

I was his biggest fan, so I was as surprised as anyone. He is a fraud. He pretends to be concerned & compassionate, but gossips about his patients behind their backs & is not the surgeon he claims to be. He wears a mask for is U.S patients, he knows what we want & he gives it to us, until he makes a mistake or you dare to question him, then the real Alberto Argüello comes out.

He's a spoiled, privileged brat who will NOT admit to a mistake or make a revision no matter how serious the need. He can't be sued in Costa Rica & he's insulted & bulletproof on RS.

RS told me they don't get involved in malpractice, that's between you & your doctor, so they continue to market him, despite his conduct.

He makes his patients lie on RS, he uses all kinds of trickery to get us to support him no matter how awful our surgery turned out, we blame ourself, not him. I noticed a pattern of that with his patients. It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. I did it myself for many months.

I had almost $15,000 worth of surgery with him in September 2015. I developed complications which I told him about BEFORE I left Costa Rica & many times after I got home.

We even drove to Boston in October only weeks after I got home when he was there for a conference, so he could stitch my breast closed until I could get my insurance claim filed & return to Costa Rica for him to fix it.

He conveniently forgot to bring sutures after we drove 9 hours to see him & he knew my breast implant was NOT secure & ready to fall out. He pretended to be meeting us there to stitch my breast, but he knew if he stitched me in the U.S. I could sue him here, so he 'forgot' the sutures!

He told me in Boston that I needed to be back in the O.R. in Costa Rica, ASAP. He told me to file an insurance claim & he'd bring me back for all the repairs I need, breast, arm, eyes & make sure everything was covered, including my air fare.

Seven Corners said it would take about 3 weeks to conclude the process, so I planned to go right back in early November.

I WAITED 7 MONTHS WITH A BREAST IMPLANT FALLING OUT OF MY BODY, TO FIND THAT DR. ARGÜELLO IGNORED ALL REQUESTS FROM SEVEN CORNERS FOR MY RECORDS, DESPITE THEM SENDING SIGNED RELEASES & REPEATED REQUESTS FOR THE RELEASE OF MY RECORDS & TELLING HIM THEY COULDN'T MOVE FORWARD WITH MY CLAIM UNLESS HE ANSWERED THEM.

They finally denied my claim for lack of response by my doctor. He knew they couldn't process the claim without his records so he just avoided them. Seven Corners is still trying to get him to release my records but he is still side stepping them.

THIS CHARLATAN KNOWS I HAVE NO RECOURSE TO SUE HIM IN COSTA RICA, BUT WANTED TO ASSURE HIS MONEY STREAM FROM RS, SO WITHIN HOURS OF ME TELLING HIM I WAS GOING TO EXPOSE HIM ON REAL SELF, HE HAD MY ENTIRE PROFILE REMOVED. HE REPORTED ME AS A LIAISON!

This man is evil, he care only for getting as much U.S. cash in to his hands as possible, he does not care how he gets it.

He fooled all of us with his sweet demeanor & caring ways but that's an act he's really a vicious, drama queen who's whole life is a big, ugly soap opera.

Your surgical outcome is a *** shoot depending on what current drama he's hiding behind that face smile the day you're up & depending on whether or not he wants to leave early.

MY BREAST IS NOT THE ONLY MISTAKE HE MADE. I have to pay another surgeon to repair the obvious mistakes made by Dr. Alberto Argüello.

He's a bad surgeon & an awful person. He pretends to be practically perfect to his U.S. patients because he wants U.S. cash, which we gladly deposit into his U.S. bank account. He needs our cash to support his extravagant lifestyle & his failed ventures like his spa that barely lasted a year, his skin care line which caused a permanent marks on my R eye & his constant trips & vacations.

HE'S HAVING HIS U.S. DOLLARS DEPOSITED INTO A U.S. BANK, HE THINKS HE CAN SCAM THE COSTA RICAN GOVERNMENT ON TAXES TOO... THIS MAN IS DISHONEST IN EVERYTHING HE DOES.

DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Liar cheat fraud bad surgeon
    • Betrays his patients
    • Refuses to acknowledge mistakes
    • Scams patients into lying for him
    • He is on rs but violated rules

Reason of review:
WRONGED & LIED TO, HES' STILL ON RS
Preferred solution:
I submitted concrete evidence that he's in violation of RS rules & was assured he'd be removed, he's still on! He was able to remove my profile within hours with no inquiry made to me as to the validity of his claim, but he's still on. RS LIES!
Product or service
Incompetent Doctor
Review category
Advertising
review #845252 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Realself? Submit review ›
Helpful? 12 Yes 12 3 No 3
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
3 of 11 Realself reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 17 #1227997 Guyton, Georgia, United States

Well I was told long as you say this is my opinion no one can say anything about what you post. Just FYI there. I got into a law suit deal on face book.
Thanks for all you shared I really know not to touch it. Thanks for saving me time and money. I appreciate You.
Sincerely, Trisha Hall

just me

Oct 11 #1225400

Is there any way to turn him in for a botched fl. Would like the asps aware

Jun 13 #1172782

I'm saddened to read your complaint. I followed you on RS and enjoyed your review of your time in CR.

3 0 Reply

Jun 14 #1172871

I'm saddened by my complaint, I was his biggest fan, but he turned out to be a very different person than he represents. His surgical skills are not up to par & after 3 PS consults I've been told they are amateur at best & my eyes cannot be fixed. Seven Corners even tried to get him to release my records again, but no response. A total disappointment.

2 0 Reply

Jun 14 #1172893

Please post pictures of your before and after concerns of your procedures. The photos that you posted looked great. Thank you!

May 26 #1164810 Detroit, Michigan, United States

Why in the name of sanity would you have gone to Costa Rica for surgery in the first place ? Secondly if your implant was practically falling out you would have gotten an infection and your breast would have been amputated because infection and bacteria love foreign bodies (implants) ! Being a medical plastics professional I call bs ! And in the future if you live in the US get surgery in the US.

3 3 Reply

May 28 #1165666

YOU call BS, Really? What exactly is a medical plastics professional? I call BS too!
If you are a professional in the plastics sugary field, you realize that plastics pricing in the US are overinflated and people can't afford them so they leave the country for more affordable options.
I don't need your approval for your disapproval, so you can take your ***, ignorant advice and stuff it.
It's my implant that didn't take properly because the internal sutures failed, it's my implant that's been infected 14 times and my ***, awful surgeon that failed to replace it like he promised. YES, I made a mistake, but the last thing I need is a mean person like you bashing me for doing what I thought was right.

5 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Realself. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Realself.
Filing a new complaint about
×